Thursday, November 13, 2008

Disney on Ice

Last night we went to Disney on Ice as VIP's. We had so much fun. Prior to the show starting we had dinner in the media room and got to meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Gabe enjoyed walking around the media room making friends and playing with the helium balloons they had up as decorations.

Gabe just LOVES kids. While I was following him around, it was so cute to watch him walk right up to kids who were either walking around or sitting at tables and play with them. The first kid that Gabe walked up to was really sweet with him. The kid was probably about 6 or 7 and his name was Jake. Gabe just kept staring at him and reached out to hold his hand. A short while after Gabe and Jake were getting acquainted Jake's Grandma, who I also happen to work with came up and told me that Jake was adopted too. It was just funny to me how Gabe was so drawn to a kid who was also adopted.

Shanna and I also discovered last night that Gabe is quite the ladies man. There was a young girl probably around 6 or so sitting at a table close to us who was dressed as a princess. Gabe walked up to her and stood in front of her for about a minute and just gazed up at her. Then he started to rest his head on her. It was sooo cute. When he was done flirting with her, he turned to her cousin and started to eye her. My boy is such a flirt!

We had awesome seats for the show and the show itself was really cute. Gabe loved it. When the show started he stood up on Brads lap and danced and clapped his hands. I wondered how long the show would keep his attention but he actually did really well. He hadn't had an afternoon nap at Grandma Sandy's so I was a little worried that I would be walking the halls while the show played, but Gabe sat on our laps the entire time and even fell asleep after the intermission for the second half of the show.

It was so much fun to be able to mark the special anniversary of Gabe's arrival by going to Disney on Ice and it was especially neat to be able to take Savannah and Aunty Shanna. Enjoy the pics!

Eating dinner in the media room with Daddy. We had hot dogs, chips, cookies and drinks. Gabe quite liked the cookie, chips and hot dog. Thankfully I was also able to get him to eat almost a whole can of green beans and some left over’s I had brought from home too. (Phew!) That way I didn't feel so bad about the junk he was eating.

Gabe loves helium balloons. He had lots of fun playing with them.

Shanna and I were both cringing while Gabe chewed on the balloons. One did eventually pop, but it didn't seem to bother Gabe.

My friend from work, Sherri was also there. This is a pic of her little niece, Demi. I think that she looks like she could be Gabe's big sister. She is sooooo cute!

This was the first little girl that Gabe was flirting with.Giving her loves.

Gabe's other girlfriend. He liked her bling! She was a real cutie!

Waiting for the show to begin.

Savannah with her new Disney toy. Shanna and Savannah
Shanna and I. Savammah and I.
Gabe getting excited when the show began. He clapped and danced. It was so cute!
Gabe also loved Savannah's new toy. She was nice enough to let Gabe play with it a little.
Gabe all worn out. He fell asleep after the intermission and woke up just as the show finished.

No comments: