If you are looking for a relatively guilt free treat that won't add too much junk to your trunk this is a goodie. Perfectly sweet and light.
1 lb fresh strawberries
2 1/2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
4 ounces fat free cream cheese
2 tbl spoons heavy whipping cream (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of lemon juice (I did this to taste)
1. Clean the strawberries and cut off the tops so that they are flat. Place them on a plate.
2. Take a knife and make a x shaped cut in the top being sure not to cut all the way through the berry.
3. Using a mixer, blend the cream cheese with the cream, vanilla, lemon juice and Splenda.
4. Using a small spoon, put little dollops of the cream cheese in the holes in the strawberries. If the mixture is a little on the runny side, don't fear it will firm up during chilling time.
5. Chill until ready to serve.
***Note*** To fill my strawberries, I used a piping bag. However, this is not at all necesary.