Friday, October 29, 2010

BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I enjoy a good chocolate chip cookie but I'd have to say that I am certainly partial to any cookie that has oats in it. I love the added texture and the nutty flavor the oats bring to the mix. This recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is wonderful and lived up to every expectation I had. Sadly I didn't have a chance to take a pic of my own cookies so I have stolen the one from Mels (melskitchencafe.com) blog which is where I found this gem of a recipe. I loved these and think I have certainly found my go to Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. One thing I particularly loved about this recipe other than the fact that it was easy to throw together is that the cookies had some height to them. I'm not a fan at all of a flat cookie. I like a little something in the middle, a mound, a lump, a hump...something. Just not flat. I have to have something to sink my teeth into. Thanks again Mel!

Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
melskitchencafe.com


1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add Baking soda, powder, and salt and mix. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Amen to no-flat-cookies!