Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Easy Crockpot Apple Cobbler

One night a few Saturdays ago I was in the mood for a little something sweet but wasn't feeling too awfully inspired by much, nor did I feel like spending alot of time in the kitchen. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home cooking magazine and it was just the ticket.

Easy Crockpot Apple Cobbler
Taste of Home Magazine- December/January 2011



Cooks in 3 hours and serves 6

1 can (21 oz) apple pie mix (see note below)
1 pkg (9 ounces) yellow cake mix- note this is not a whole box cake mix only 9 ounces
1/4 cup chopped pecans (I ommited these)
1/4 cup butter- melted
Vanilla ice cream or sweetend cream- optional

Place pie filling in a greased 1-1/2 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans. Drizzle with butter. Cover and cook on high for three hours or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cream.

***Note*** I wanted a little more apple in my filling and happened to have some apples at home so I peeled and thinly sliced some fresh apples and added them to the apple pie mix. Adding the fresh apples not only bulked up the apple filling but it also added a fresh taste to the dessert.

No comments: