Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baby car seat cover

I love these baby car seat covers. I see mothers carrying their car seats covered with them everywhere and I always find myself checking them out. I wish I had of had one for my son. I love that you can personalize them using the fabrics you like and that you can add little decorative trinkets to them to make them personal. I was thrilled to be able to make and deliver this one to my new niece this weekend. I was so happy with the way it turned out and I love love love the fabric. I am currently working a second one for her and can't wait to see how it looks all put together. I love knowing that my little niece is all warm and snuggly under her new car seat cover that her favorite Aunty Nat made her with love.





To make my cover, I followed the tutorial found at the link below:

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/05/carseat-cover-tutorial-small-fry-and-co.html


Things I would do differently next time:

-If you have access to the car seat for which you are making the cover you may want to make sure that your pieces which connect to the car seat handle are the right distance apart. I followed the pattern on the tutorial and had I of known (or thought of this) I would have had my handle pieces be closer together.

-Next time I think I will add some more strips of velcro to the handle pieces so that I can have the handle pieces be as loose or as tight as I want them.

-On the next one, I think I might try adding some more fun accesories to it to fancy it up a little more. Perhaps some buttons or aplique or something like that.

Overall I found this tutorial helpful and easy to follow. Especially for someone as clueless and inexperienced with a sewing machine as I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO cute! Im pre-ordering one from you now. When I have a child that is haha. Very crafty!