Monday, April 4, 2011

Fabulous Cheesecake Factory- Oreo Cheesecake

Just like a good wine (so I'm told, don't drink...sorry!), some cheesecakes just get better with age. It's true and this cheesecake, although wonderful on the first tasting, just seemed so much more delicious the second day. I don't have any significant theories or explanations as to why this is the case...it just is.

I recently made this for dessert when we had some new neighbors over and we all enjoyed it. Next time however, if I am planning on making this for entertaining purposes, I'll give it that extra day in the fridge so as to allow it to hit it's maximum taste potential.

This is supposedly the copycat version of The Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake Recipe. I myself have not had their version, but I did love this one. The cheesecake was dense and moist and delicious. It wasn't difficult to make either which was a bonus. I will certainly be making this again in the future. It's a keeper!

I served the cheesecake with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and

Confession....this cheesecake serves quite the crowd. We first ate it with our guests the night they came to dinner, I ate a piece with lunch and dinner the next day and then the day following resisted it all day. That night after I got home from the gym, I threw the rest out. I had to, for my hips sake. Swimsuit season is after all...right around the corner.








Cheesecake Factory- Oreo Cheesecake
Ingredients

Filling
1 1/2 pound cream cheese
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
8 ounces sour cream
5 Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped for the batter)
10 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies for the topping

Crust

1 1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (about 25 Oreo cookies finely chopped)
2 tablespoon melted butter
9″ spring form pan (buttered on bottom and sides)

1. Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of the spring pan and 1 1/2″ up the sides, set aside.
2.All Ingredients must be at room temperature before beginning. Beat cream cheese with a mixer on low until fluffy.
3. Slowly add sugar and continue beating cream cheese until mixed well.
4. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended.
5. Measure the vanilla, salt and flour, pour into cream cheese and egg mixture and beat until smooth. Add the sour cream and beat.
6. Stir in the coarsely chopped oreo cookies with a spoon.
7. Pour cream cheese into the spring pan and place the nine coarsely chopped Oreo Cookies on to of the cream mixture.
8. Place pan on the top rack and in the middle of a preheated oven at 325 degrees F and bake for one hour and 15 minutes.
9.After that time, keep oven door open and let the cheese cake stay in the oven for one hour. Remove from oven and let cool enough to place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Serves 6-8 easily

No comments: