Monday, November 23, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake Shooters

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dessert. I have always been a fan of Applebee's appetizers and desserts. The first time I had one of their Strawberry Cheesecake Shooters I was hooked. Recently I set out to see if I could find a recipe online that was similar. I found this recipe and tried it and much to my pleasant surprise it tasted exactly the same as the real thing from Applebee’s. I am thrilled to have found this recipe and I'm sure I will make it countless times.

I found that this recipe made about 6 dessert shooters.

Strawberry Cheesecake Shooters


Ingredients

cheesecake filling
12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 8-ounce pkgs)
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
canned whipped cream
Directions
1make cheesecake filling by blending cream cheese, eggs, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed, until smooth.
2pour mixture into a large saucepan and cook over med-high heat, stirring often, for 8-10 min or until mixture begins to thinken. mixture should stick to the spoon when its inverted. pour cheesecake filling into a covered container and chill for several hours, until cold.
3to prepare each serving, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs. spoon 2 tbsp of graham cracker crumbs into a 6-ounce rock glass,.
4and top with 1/3 cup cheesecake filling. spoon 2 tbsp of strawberries and syrup on top of cheesecake filling, and top off the dessert with whipped cream.

No comments: