Monday, November 1, 2010

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I don't like salad but I do LOVE homemade ranch. I'll admit it. The only time I am really down for eating a salad is if I have some homemade ranch on hand. I know it's bad and I know it's weird especially to most Americans, but Australians don't eat salad like the Americans do. When I first came to the states it absolutely blew my mind that people of all ages including little kids liked and ate salad on a regular basis. At restaurants in Australia you don't get a salad with your meal...that is something you would have to request all on your own. So when I first moved here I thought it so strange that everywhere you went it was a given, the norm, that they would try (in my case) and feed you salad.

I got this recipe from my sister in law Liz and it is wonderful on salads and also used as a dipping sauce for whatever your heart may desire. =)

Homemade Ranch Dressing
Liz Bentley


Between 1 and 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
2 cups of mayonaise
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
1 tsp of accent (found in most grocery stores in the spice section by the salt)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp garlic salt

Place all the ingrediants in a blender and mix until smooth. You can also place all the ingrediants in a bowl and use a handheld mixer if you don't have a blender. This will make a whole blender full. The dressing should stay good for about as long as the buttermilk is good.

Enjoy!

No comments: