Monday, November 8, 2010

Tribute to the Triplets

Last Monday was a crazy day. From the second I woke up, I was flat out working on making 3 baby blankets and 6 personalized onsies for my sweet friend Erin's baby shower I was to attend later that evening. I had so much fun planning their gifts and making them, knowing that those handsome little boys would be warm and snugly in my blankets and styling in their onsies made me so happy.

After years of trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant, months trying fertility drugs and a number of failed attempts with artificial insemination my friend was FINALLY Pregnant thanks to IVF with identical triplet boys due some time late December early January. These boys were the answer to many many prayers and all who know and love Erin and Wade were thrilled for them.

The baby shower was lovely. Lovely home, cute decorations, delicious food, lots of friends and lots of gifts. I was excited and proud to present my gifts to Erin.

This afternoon, however, I received word that Erin had lost her sweet boys. They came too soon and left too quickly. They were here but a moment but will be loved forever. My heart is full of sadness for my sweet friend and her family. As is always the case, it doesn't seem fair, it isn't fair and it happens to the neatest people who have already endured so much. Though my anguish feels at the forefront, I know that Erin and her husband will see and raise those baby boys someday. Until then, they have three very special little guardian angels watching over them and waiting for the day when they will be reunited. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families and so grateful for the comforter who guides us through these difficult times.

No comments: