Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 minute rolls

Ok so these weren't my fave. On Sunday night I didn't decide until too late, that some homemade french bread or rolls would be lovely with my homemade stew so I thought in an attempt to still get some fresh homemade bread on the table I'd try these on for size. They were moist and yummy but we found them to be rather dense and my husband and I decided they were almost more buscuit like than roll like.

So the verdict...still love the Buttermilk roll recipe I posted not too long ago, and they would definately be our top pick but at a pinch these are a possible substitute.

30 Minute Rolls


1 1/8 cups plus 2 tsp. warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 Tb yeast
1/4 cup sugar or honey
½ tsp. Salt
1 egg
3 ½ cups flour


Mix 1st 4 ingredients and let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs - gradually add flour. Shape into dinner rolls, or use in your favorite recipe that calls for dough. After shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. For rolls, melt a little butter and brush the tops of the rolls and bake 10 minutes @400 degrees till golden brown.

No comments: