Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This past weekend

This past weekend on Saturday, we attended my friend Shawna's celebration of life. It is such a sad thing to lose such a sweet friend. I am so thankful for the knowledge we have that we will get to see our sweet Shawna again and that although we miss her dearly, she is in a better place now. It was bitter-sweet though being able to catch up with other friends I hadn't seen in a while. If only it was under more favorable circumstances.

After the funeral, we drove to the Gateway and had lunch with my brother Josh. It was so much fun to catch up with Josh and to find out what he was up too (he is single and living the college life). We had fun walking around and browsing the stores (at least I did) and then we enjoyed watching the fountains. Gabe especially enjoyed getting his little feet wet when Brad took him into the fountain.

As we were leaving the Gateway, out of the blue we ran into some old mission buddies of Brads (Elder Dustin Hofheins and Elder Brad Hanks) with their wives (Zoe and Sage) and kids and a friend of mine from my ward back home in Melbourne, Wendy Taubitz. I hadn't seen Wendy, since I had moved over in 2003 so it was so much fun to catch up. We couldn't believe that we had run into each other. After visiting for a while, Wendy invited us to come up to her condo in Park City to play some more and go swimming. It had been a long day with the funeral and lunch and Gabe was SO ready for a nap so we went home first and let Gabe take a lovely 3 hour nap and then we made our way up to Wendy's place. The condo was gorgeous and in the neatest little area with cool shops and nightlife. We had so much fun hanging out with Wendy, and the other couples. Gabe loved playing with Morgan, Kayleigh and little Mase. After dinner, we all drove up to Wendy's other condo at Westgate and went swimming. We had so much fun and wished that the night didn't have to end. It was so neat to make some new friends and enjoy the evening together. We look forward to doing it again soon!

Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me, but I did find some cool pics to post. The first ones are of the Condo at Redstone.



Here are some pics of the Westgate Resort where Wendy has her other Condo and where we went swimming. In the pic above is Brad (Elder Hanks), Sage and their cute little daughter Morgan (I stole this pic from Sage's blog).





2 comments:

Sage Hanks said...

It's all good! I am so glad we ran into you guys! Small world.... my e-mail address is sage.hanks@gmail.com. I am grateful for the opportunity to meet you guys! We had a blast and hope we can hang out more often when we venture that direction!

Mimi Sue said...

Wow, 2 condos, must be nice. Natalie, you are as good a writer as you are a speaker. I'm so enjoying your blog...Sue