Monday, September 29, 2008

You know you have had an awesome weekend when...

You know you have had an awesome weekend when...you only spent two days and one night away, but it feels like you were gone a week!

This weekend our friend Wendy from Melbourne invited us up to Park City to stay in her brand spanking, no one has even slept in it yet, just closed last Thursday, gorgeous new condo at the 5 star Westgate Resort in Park City. She had said to me that she wanted us to come up for some "well deserved R&R" and that is exactly what we got. Ahhhhhhh. We drove up on Saturday morning and when we arrived, Brad made a yummy pancake brunch. Wendy's friend Bobby came too and we enjoyed a lovely meal together. Really what beats Brads heavenly pancakes topped with mashed banana, strawberries and vanilla ice cream? Nothing if you ask me!

After brunch, we hit the Park City outlets where Wendy spoiled us yet again (despite my begging and pleading). She wanted to make sure that Gabe had an outfit from his Aunty Wendy to keep him cute and warm this winter.

When we got back to the condo, Wendy headed home to her condo in Redstone and "left us to enjoy some time alone". While Gabe napped, I made dinner and then after dinner, we headed down to the pool. We spent the evening jumping from the pool to the sauna and just having so much fun. Gabe had so much fun swimming with mummy and daddy.

I was a little nervous that Gabe wouldn't sleep well away from home, but he gave us an extra treat and slept through the night and even slept in until 7:00am. Perfect! Once we were all up on Sunday morning, I made us some eggs for breakfast and then while Gabe went down for his morning nap I enjoyed THE most incredible shower. Have you ever had the pleasure of taking a shower in a floor to ceiling granite European Steam shower? OH MY! I was in heaven and am still dreaming about it. It is a shower and steam room in one. The shower had two shower heads. One of them was a regular on the wall shower head and the other was on the ceiling of the shower and was huge. The shower head above was about the size of a large dinner plate and it was like showering in the rain. Anyway, I could go on forever about this shower. Let me finish by saying that the hot steam in conjunction with the cool rain shower was divine!

When Gabe woke up, we had fun walking around the massive resort and exploring all of its amenities. At 1:00pm Wendy came over for a roast chicken lunch with all the sides. Then for dessert that morning I had made some homemade oreo cookies and we had them topped with a smidge of vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberry puree. Wendy had mentioned to me that whenever she comes to the states she is always hungry, but because the food is different is never sure what to eat. I could more than sympathize, so I wanted to make her a home cooked meal that I knew wouldn't be strange to her. I thought it was the VERY least I could do and I had so much fun doing it.

Later on in the afternoon while Gabe took a heavenly 3 1/2 hour afternoon nap, Brad and I enjoyed some time just relaxing and watching a movie. It may not sound too fancy to most, but I am easily excited and easily pleased and we just felt so blessed to be able to spend the weekend there. THANKS WENDY! We definitely drove home on Sunday night feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

I can't wait to go back for my birthday and will be counting the sleeps until it comes. Only 46 sleeps to go! =)

Sadly, in my rush to pack to go away I forgot the camera. We took the below pics with Brads phone so that you can get an idea of what it was like. Enjoy!



View from opposite side of the condo- looking toward the front door


The barKitchenDining areaThe Bed
The spa...IN THE BEDROOM!
BathroomMost awesome shower EVER!Gabe on the ride home
I think this face says it best. This is how we all felt after a weekend in paradise!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Oh that sounded so nice! I'm so glad that you had a most enjoyable weekend!! It sucks that everyday can't be like that! That shower does sound fabulous, and I loved the tub in the bedroom! That's what I'm talkin about!