Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Fast and Easy Pizza Dough Recipe

The past two weekends I have thoroughly enjoyed making our own pizza for dinner on Saturday. Not only have I been proud of myself for actually being able to make it (and it working out so great) but I love that it is better for us to eat and easier on the wallet. One of the best things about homemade pizza has to be that it is not at all greasy like regular pizza tends to be. I don't feel the least bit guilty eating my homemade pizza. My hubby liked both recipes but after eating this pizza last weekend he actually said "You couldn't get pizza this good at any pizza place" I almost cried. Brad is a man of few words sometimes and he isn't the most complementary when it comes to what I make. That is just him, he is hungry, he eats and he is satisfied. It isn't that he doesn't enjoy it, for him food is just food. Needless to say I was pleased that he liked it so much and so did I.

Fast and Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
http://realmomkitchen.blogspot.com


3 cups flour, more or less
1 tablespoon honey, heaping
1 tablespoon oil, heaping
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. (If using a pizza stone, let stone heat for at least 30 minutes in the oven before baking pizza.)

Mix all pizza dough ingredients together, except the flour (I dissolved my yeast in the water and let it sit for 5 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients). Add flour and knead for a couple of minutes. I use my Bosch mixer.

After you have kneaded the dough for a couple of minutes roll out on a lightly floured surface. Put the pizza into pan or on a pizza stone (I don't have a pizza stone so I just use a cookie sheet). Top dough with sauce and toppings.

If baking in a sheet pan, bake for about 12 minutes (checking often) until crust is browned and cheese is golden and bubbly. If baking on the preheated pizza stone, slide pizza onto stone and bake for about 8 minutes. Makes 1 large pizza, plenty for two hungry adults.

No comments: