Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Brad's Aunty Melinda has a great and funny blog (http://sickofchub.blogspot.com/)and every Thursday she does a special "Thankful Thursday" post. I am going to follow suit on this Thursday.

The past couple of weeks have not been fun for our little family. My little guy came down with a horrible sinus infection a couple of Sunday's ago and it quickly became close to pneumonia, after a few days of having his sinus infection he seemed to land some kind of viral infection on top of it. It was miserable for him and miserable for us. Just as he seemed to be clearing the woods over the weekend it was my turn.

Last Friday I started to get a couple of mouth ulcers or canker sores as they are called here and by Sunday my two had started to multiply and by Monday my two had become 15 or 16. I was in agony. I had them on my tongue, top and bottom lip, inside my cheeks and on my gums. Sleeping, eating, talking, breathing you name it, it hurt. I got online and started to look up any remedies I could find. On Sunday I ate an entire BIG tub of yogurt and then on Monday almost ate an entire bag of licorice (nothing helped). It is now Thursday and I am still far from feeling better. That being said I am thankful.

On Monday my sister in law Shanna dropped by after work to drop off some allergy prescriptions and saw the mess I was. A couple of hours later she returned with her hubby in toe and they had bought me a bunch of medicines to hopefully help me be a little more comfortable while I rode out the storm. Then on Wednesday they came again and brought me Jamba Juice as I was only really able to handle SOME liquids. I can not say enough how thankful I am for my thoughtful brother Brian and sister Shanna. I love you guys!

As Brian and Shanna were leaving on Tuesday night my good friend Amber arrived. She had stopped by on her way home from work with a bunch of flowers to help cheer me up. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the good and thoughtful people in my life.

I am also thankful to my in-laws who took my little guy for a couple of hours on Tuesday so that I could get some rest.

My mother had this virus when she was first pregnant with me and assures me that once you get this virus once, you never get it again. That is what she was told and I sure hope she is right.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

You are sweet! But I know you would've done the same for me. That is what family is for! Luv ya!

Kellie said...

oh that sounds awful...I'm so sorry! I always put salt directly on my cankers. it hurts...but they shrink quickly. hope they go away soon!

Mumsy said...

You poor thing! I had a bad canker on the underside of my tongue over the weekend. My mom swore up and down that putting straight rubbing alcohol on it with a q-tip would work. I don't know if if worked or not. I also took some homeopathic stuff. That usually helps. (E-mail me if you want me to tell which ones.)

Anyway, I hope they get better soon. I also gargle with hydrogen peroxide and take Tums. That seems to help them feel better at least for a bit.