Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Make-up at the gym?

So I had never understood those girls who show up to a gym class with a full face of makeup. I'm talking foundation, blush, mascara, lip gloss, eyeliner and even eye shadow! When I used to have the time to hit the 5:00 am classes, I was always baffled by the girls who could not only manage to drag their butts out of bed for the 5:00 am class but also found the time to put on a full face of makeup. Why? Are we really that vain and/or insecure girls? I mean I never saw any paparazzi following any of them around waiting to snap an ugly picture for that night’s episode of Inside Edition or anything. I suppose the one exception I could accept would be if you were young and single and therefore on the lookout for Mr. Right... but really?

Now that I am a working mum, those 5:00 am classes are no longer an option for me. I now hit the 6:00 pm classes after work and I have dinner on the table. However, on Saturday I love to go to my 9:00 am Body Jam dance class at the local Fitness Zone.

This past Saturday I found out why you should wear make up to the gym. My Saturday started like any other. Our alarm clock Gabe woke us up just before 7:00 am. I rolled out of bed looking anything but lovely and threw on my sweats. I made the boys breakfast, got the laundry started, picked up the toys for the millionth time that week, pulled the now greasy cockatoo hair into a messy ponytail, grabbed the keys and my water bottle and headed for the gym. Upon arrival I was greeted by our instructor Marci. Marci is so cute that you could drag her through 6 puddles of mud, throw some sand at her, a quick hose down and she would still look great. Not me. I show up- no make up, greasy messy hair, ugly oversized sweats and man gym trainers only to be told that "Channel 5 was coming to film us today". CRAP (actually a much naughtier word entered my mind). No time to run home to try and fix the mess I was, and no money to run to the store and grab an emergency makeup kit. I'm screwed.

The class starts. Marci is up front looking...well hot...and I'm in my usual spot, the back corner hoping and praying that Mr. Camera man spots me and in all my ugliness decides it would be cruel to film such a 'mess' and put it on an 11:00 am morning show. No such luck. Not once, not twice, but three times the lovely camera man is in my face filming the 'mess' as I attempt to perform whatever dance move Hot Marci is doing up front. Yep I learn't my lesson. From now on I will shower before the gym, do my hair and be wearing a full face of makeup. Turns out "those" girls were smarter and more prepared than I.

3 comments:

Melwel said...

You are so funny... and I love the picture of the new you, makeup and all.

The Ince's said...

When I hit the gym up at school after classes, all of us had at least mascara on (and a select few who wore the whole face). I'm sorry that the camera man was in your face. I plan to come this weekend!

The Ince's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.