Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nats Crescent Creations Chicken Cheesy Hot Pockets

I don't know why, but on the weekends I occasionally struggle with what to make for lunch. Is it just me? I know there is nothing wrong having a sandwich, but sometimes I just don't feel like sandwiches. Sometimes it is just nice to have something a little tastier.

This past weekend I was trying to think of something to make for lunch and whilst looking through my fridge I pulled out a can of Pillsbury Crescent Creations. I have had fun recently perusing the Pillsbury website and seeing what others have made with the various products from Pillsbury. I love to cook and bake from scratch but it is fun to use their products to create new recipes of my own sometimes.

These were easy to make and they were really delicious. Sorry! The photos aren't the greatest!

Nats Crescent Creations Chicken Cheesy Hot Pockets


Ingredients
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Creations
2 cups of cooked chicken
1 cup of grated mozarella cheese
1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
Ranch dressing
Pinch of Salt
Dash of Pepper
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter melted.

In a bowl combine cooked chicken, cheeses, salt, pepper and enough ranch dressing to moisten the mixture. Set aside. For my chicken I boiled two frozen chicken breasts in a pot of water with some seasoned salt until no longer pink- approximately 15 minutes. I then shredded it into bite size pieces.

Open and roll out the crescent dough on lightly floured bench top. Cut dough into 4 equal portions. Using a rolling pin, flatten each dough portion out slightly to lengthen and widen dough. Put desired amount of filling in the center of the dough (I used approximately 1/2 a cup). Fold the top and bottom of the dough over the mixture making a pocket. Press sides to seal.

Place dough pockets on a baking sheet (I sprayed mine a little with non-stick cooking spray) and brush the top with melted butter. You could also brush the tops with 1 beaten egg if you would prefer not to use butter. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments: