Saturday, May 2, 2009

Si's Meatloaf

I think I have mentioned this blog already, but if you haven't checked it out you need to. Si over at http://abountifulkitchen.blogspot.com/ has lots of delicious recipes on her blog. All of the recipes I have tried from her website have been delicious.

This past weekend I made Si's meatloaf. It was delicious. Unfortunately when I was trying to get my meatloaf out of the pan to put it on a presentation plate it broke but I can assure you despite the appearance of my meatloaf, this was a delicious and it was an easy recipe to make.

Si's Meatloaf


Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup chopped onion (if omitting green pepper, use 1 cup onion)
½ cup chopped bell pepper (optional)
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
½ cup quick-cooking oats

Topping:

1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix all meat loaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
Topping: Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Toss some ground sage and pork in the mix and you won't be sorry....