Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mini Cheesecake Tarts

This past weekend I was in the mood to make and eat cheesecake. While searching for some new cheesecake recipes to try, I came across this one for Mini Cheesecake Tarts from Stephanie’s Kitchen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheesecake! It is by far my favorite dessert. These were SO incredibly easy to make, were SO delicious and looked so cute. The photos really don't do these justice. I took them with Brads I Phone.

On Saturday we got together with some of my family to celebrate two of my brothers birthdays and I decided to give some of them away as gifts. I don't think there is one person in my family that doesn't love a good piece of cheesecake so I knew my brother Ben would appreciate them.



Mini Cheesecake Tarts
makes 6 mini tarts
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
crust of your choice- See note

1. Mix the sugar and cream cheese until creamy - I used my food processor to do this. Add egg and vanilla, mix until creamy and smooth. Fill tarts to the rim and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until set- I had to cook them for the full 20 minutes. Let them cool out of the oven and then refrigerate. Once they have cooled completely in the refrigerator decorate with your favorite topping.

I whipped and then stabilized some cream and piped small stars around the edge of the cheesecake and then filled them in the center with strawberries. If strawberries were in season, I would have used fresh strawberries but since those were not available I just bought strawberries in syrup which you can buy from most supermarkets. I have bought them at Wal-mart and also Albertsons. They are usually in the frozen fruit section right by the frozen fruit and come frozen- You just have to let them thaw out a little before you want to use them.

***NOTE*** For the crusts I opted for easy and followed Stephanie’s lead and purchased some pre-made mini graham cracker crusts. They come 6 in a pack and I found them at Albertsons (Wal-mart didn't stock them.) They made these mini cheesecake tarts so easy to make and the crusts were absolutely delicious.


No comments: