Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Buttermilk Pancakes- Delicious!

I had never had buttermilk pancakes until a couple of weekends ago. I know I know called me sheltered. I had noticed that most, if not all food bloggers had a recipe for buttermilk pancakes on their blogs so figured why not give them a shot? I was in a bit of a hurry so didn't have allot of time to look for a recipe but when I came across this one on abountifulkitchen's blog I was committed. The result was nothing less than wonderful. These pancakes were soft, airy and simply delicious. This recipe is definitely my new go-to quick and easy pancake recipe. Sorry Brad!

Si's Buttermilk Pancakes
I only made half a batch. A half a batch yielded about 12 pancakes.


2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup milk, to thin batter

Combine dry ingredients. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Add milk, a little at a time. Cook on hot, well greased griddle.

5 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

As usual some fabulous recipes. Those meatballs would be great in sandwiches. I'll be trying those cheese rolls for sure. Any weight I gain I'm blaming on you...Mimi

Anonymous said...

I loooooove pancakes! yum yum yum!!

Unknown said...

Your recipes look so good! Thanks for your comment on our adoption blog, I would love to know more about different agencies. You can email me @ josephshaylee@gmail.com

Shaylee

Felicity said...

All your recipes look SO SO good - I am in need of some SERIOUS food inspiration - my family will LOVE that we've become blog friends :)

Melwel said...

Si is one of my best friends...she is a fabulous cook and a wonderful person.....just like you.
Smile