Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nats Strawberry Delight

Last Friday I had a hankering for a fresh and yummy dessert. I was feeling creative so I pulled my strawberries out of the fridge and had a little fun creating this yummy summer dessert. We had our good friends the Olsen's over to help us eat it and we all enjoyed my latest creation. The Olsen's always seem to end up as my guinea pigs. Thanks guys- We love you!

Nats Strawberry Delight
By Nat


For the Crust
Graham crackers
Unsalted butter (approx 2 tbl spoons)
1 tsp of cinnamon- You can adjust this to your taste.

Instructions

Prepare graham cracker crust- I actually cheated and used the mini graham cracker crusts- see below. I love these and always try to keep some on hand.

To make your own crust- process graham crackers in a blender, add some melted butter and cinnamon. You want the mixture to stick together when you combine it. Press into the bottom of any dish and refrigerate until set.

For Strawberry puree
10 whole Strawberries- I used fresh but you could also use frozen
3 tablespoons Sugar divided - You may use more or less (this is to sweeten the strawberries)
1 tablespoon Water

Put the strawberries and one tablespoon of water into the blender and blend until a puree (I used my magic bullet to do this). Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until the strawberry puree is sweet enough. Pour into container and set aside. Do not rinse out the blender.

Creamy mixture
1/2 cup thickened cream
1/2 cup Cream Cheese- softened
1 teaspoon of lemon juice

Next blend the softened cream cheese and remaining two tablespoons of sugar in the blender until creamy. Once creamy add cream and lemon juice. Blend again until all combined.

Take approximately 1/4 quarter of a cup of the strawberry puree and add it to the cream cheese mix. Blend until just combined.

Place the graham cracker crust on a plate- I used a 2 inch round cookie cutter and cut two discs of the crust out. Top with creamy mixture and then smother with strawberry puree. Top with a fresh strawberry. You can also break up some more graham cracker crust and sprinkle that on top of the dessert.

ENJOY! We sure did!

No comments: