Sunday, April 5, 2009

Slow cooker Sausage Dip

Here is another awesome dip recipe. I got this one from a lady I work with at the firm. She had made it once and brought it into work and I immediately fell in love. It was oh so creamy and delicious. I am not a huge fan of vegies- I know it's bad and I really am not a huge fan of green peppers, but I didn't even know that they were in this dip until she gave me the recipe.

Sausage Dip
This is not a picture of my dip. I made it a while ago for a family thing and never took a picture. This looks alot like it though.

Crock Pot Full (small size crockpot):

Fry and drain 1 lbs of country style (Jimmy Dean) sausage
1 large or 2 small onions chopped
2 green peppers chopped
1 can diced gree chilis (4 or 6 oz)
2 tomatoes chopped
16 oz. Sour Cream
2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese

Cook in crock pot on low for at least ½ day. The longer you cook it the softer your veggies will be. All day is probably the preferred. If possible, stir every couple of hours. The recipe can be halved.

I always start the crock pot on high first (about 1 hour) to get the cream cheese softened faster so; then turn it down to low

No comments: