Friday, April 3, 2009

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Hands down one of my ALL time favorite dips, this one never dissapoints. I first tried this dip at a church function a couple of years ago and immediately begged for the recipe. I'm not sure where it officially comes from. Hot, creamy, cheesy and just plain delicious. I'm not ashamed to say that I have literally eaten this for dinner on maybe more than one occasion. This is a recipe that once you make it for family and friends they will never stop requesting it. Oh and did I mention how EASY it is to make. It is SO easy! The only fall back about this dip is the cost to make it. With all the cheese it can get a little pricey. That being said, if you ask me it is worth EVERY penny! My sister in law Shanna asked me just the other day if I had ever posted this recipe and I can't believe I hadn't until now. This one is for you Shanna!

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip


1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
6 cloves garlic minced
2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach thawed and pat dry
1 can chopped artichoke hearts - plain best if not use marinated but drain well!

Simply combine all the ingredients and bake in glass casserole dish at 350 for 30 min.

Serve warm with french bread or your favorite cracker.

No comments: