Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crockpot Buttermilk Ranch Chicken

I came up with this recipe on Monday when I realized that I didn't have some of the ingredients I needed for my planned dinner. I was having one of those days where I was having too much fun being home with Gabe playing, that I couldn't be bothered going to the store to grab a few items. I was able to make this using ingredients I already had at home which is always nice. Another huge plus was that it was quick and easy to put together and then the crock-pot just did the rest. Dinner is served!

Crockpot Buttermilk Ranch Chicken
By Nat

Serves 4-5 people

Ingredients
4 large chicken breasts (mine were frozen but I thawed them before cooking)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
2 tablespoons of butter (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup of buttermilk]
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of water

Add soup, dressing mix, butter and buttermilk to crock-pot and stir to combine. Add thawed chicken breasts and cook on low for 6 hours. Just prior to serving mix cornstarch and water together and then add to crock-pot (just to thicken the sauce a little). Once sauce has thickened and is the desired consistency serve over a bed of rice or buttered noodles.

No comments: