Wednesday, June 3, 2009

An easy week night meal- A family favorite

I'm all about cooking and baking from scratch but truth of the matter is I'm a busy, working mum and sometimes when I get home from work I cheat! Yep I cheat! This meal is one that I came up with on one of those week nights when I was exhausted and looking for something quick and easy to make. It became a family favorite of ours and my husband often requests it. I think everyone has that go to/fall back on recipe that their family loves which is easy and comes together in a snap. This is ours.

Bentley Family Chicken and Rice


I box Rice a roni rice pilaf (made to box directions)- I make mine in the microwave
2 chicken breasts seasoned (any way you like them)
1 cup of cooked white corn
1 cup of cooked broccoli florets chopped
2 eggs fried and cut into small pieces
Approx half a cup of grated cheddar cheese

Prepare the rice pilaf according to the box directions. Once cooked let it cool a little.

While the rice is cooking cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces and season. You can season the chicken to suit your personal taste. It can be as basic as salt and pepper or can even be marinated (either way tastes great). Cook chicken pieces in a little oil (I use olive) until cooked through.
Cook remaining vegetables (you can also use whatever vegetable you like or have on hand).
Fry eggs and cut into pieces.
Combine all of the cooked ingredients with the cooked rice and top with a little cheese.
ENJOY!

No comments: