Thursday, June 4, 2009

Spring Baby Shower

This past Saturday I threw a baby shower for my friend Ximen (pronounced Sha-men). She is due in just a couple of weeks to have her first baby. She is having a girl and is planning on naming her Hadley Mae. CUTE!

My husband and I (but mostly my husband) had been frantically working on finishing up some kitchen renovations and had hoped to get them all done in time for the shower. Unfortunately, due to work, school and our stint in the hospital etc we didn't quite get all that we had hoped done but it all worked out in the end. Those who attended had a lovely time chatting and snacking on delicious finger foods and Ximen was spoiled with some lovely gifts for her little one.

I plan to post pictures of our kitchen once it is all finished. It is looking so cute and my husband who is doing all the work has done an incredible job. I am so proud of him! Thank you honey - I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen!

At the shower we had strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, strawberry skewers, I made two dip balls- one was a cheddar cheese dip ball and the other a garlic cheese dip ball, hot spinach and artichoke dip (thanks Holly), pikelets with homemade jam (Thanks Liz) and fresh whipped cream, a lemon cake with cream cheese frosting topped with fresh rasberries, a ranch chicken appetizer I came up with for the shower (recipe to follow tomorrow) and some homemade strawberry lemonade.

The soon to be mummy of Hadley Mae- Ximen


The food- I borrowed the cute plates and serving platters from a lady I work with. Thanks Kathi!


The cute cupcakes- I loved these and had a blast making them



Garlic cheese ball- This was so easy to make and was so delicious!

Cheddar cheese ball-

Strawberry skewers

Perfect lemon cake with cream cheese frosting- SO moist and delicious. My sister Shanna had fun coloring the frosting a girly shade of pink. I love it!


You can see how moist this is....I'm salivating

Ranch chicken appetizer

The strawberry lemonade- Thanks Mimi Sue- Notice the hearts! So CUTE!

The banner- I made this using my Cricut and I must say I was pretty proud of my non-creative self!

The party favors- I bought these cute little pink bottles online at http://www.orientaltrading.com. They were filled with various pink Jelly Belly jelly beans. I then made the label and added a tied pink bow. I was so pleased with these and thought they were adorable.

The guests
Kami and Ximen



Melissa in focus and Mimi Sue in the background

Ximen, little Lauren, Holly and Kami

Kami Melissa and Erin

Left to right- Tiffani, Sue, Amanda, Frances, Kelly,

Left to right- Amanda, Frances, Kelly, Erin, Ximen and Kristie

5 comments:

Mumsy said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a great time. The food looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Wow, the food looked amazing!! to bad i had to work :( looks like a fun time !

Erin said...

Thanks for not posting that one picture... you know what I'm talking about. This turned out amazing, Nat!

Melanie said...

What a lot of work! You are such a good friend to have thrown the shower. The food looks delicious - way to go on the cupcakes, by the way! They are adorable.

Anonymous said...

HEy Girl! Great blog!
Hope the shower went well it looked adorable. Sorry I missed it I went up to the cabin we stayed out for girls camp with my brother and family! I am adding you to my blog list hope you don't mind! Ta for now love.