Sunday, June 14, 2009

My favorite pasta salad

When my husband and I adopted our son, my best friend Kami was kind enough to throw me a baby shower (at extremely short notice) at her home. That was the first time I had ever tasted this salad. It has been my go to pasta salad recipe ever since and I loved it so much I have never had a desire to try another pasta salad recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it is extremely easy and fast to throw together. The secret to this salad is the dressing. The dressing used is Bernstein's Restaurant Italian Dressing (see image below). I made a few modifications to this salad based on my personal tastes but you could add whatever it is you and your family enjoy.


Pasta Salad- The way we like it

1 pound of garden rotini pasta - cooked al dente and then cooled
1 ripe avacado chopped
1 cucumber chopped
1 cup of cooked and cooled white corn (could use yellow corn, we like white)
1/2 cup of pine nuts (I ommited these the last time I mad this as I had non
e)
Bernstein's Restaurant Italian Dressing- as much or as little as you like

Cook the pasta untill al dente, drain and set aside to cool. Cook corn (I just cook it in my microwave) and set aside to cool while you chop your fresh ingredients. Once the pasta and corn is cooled add all of your chopped/grated fresh ingredients. Add as much or as little dressing as you like. Finally sprinkle with pine nuts.

Some other possible salad toppings could include:

Olives
cherry tomatoes
grated carrot
grated or small blocks of your favorite cheese
mushrooms
chopped apples

No comments: