Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Flu Shot Anyone?

This year was no different from any other. For as long as I can remember my mum always had us get flu shots. So ever since I moved to the States I have continued to get them. On Monday afternoon we had a flu shot clinic at the office. Both Brad and I got one. Other than a sore arm for the rest of the afternoon, I felt fine. Then when I finally crawled into bed on Monday night, I was freezing. I was wearing sweats, a hoodie with my hood on, had every blanket we owned on me, was under all the covers and Brad had put an extra heater in our room (he had opted to sleep on the couch incase I was contagious). I spent the whole night until 4:00am freezing unable to get warm. At 4:00am I was no longer cold, but hot and so started peeling off the layers. It was a miserable night, followed by a morning of intense body aches, horrible nausea and passing out. Poor Brad had to carry me in from the bathroom after I had tried to take a shower, because even though I was sitting on the edge of the bath tub, I passed out a couple of times. It felt like I had mono all over again. At one point my fever was high enough that I was border line hallucinogenic. A trip to the doctor confirmed that I was one of the "lucky" few that had had a severe reaction to the flu shot. Needless to say, I DONT THINK I'll be getting another flu shot!

No comments: