Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A special occasion to celebrate

This past Sunday marked the one year anniversary of the day we received the call that we were to become parents to our baby Gabe. Monday marked the one year anniversary of the day we picked up our angel. What a year!

Brad and I had to talk in church on Sunday on Gratitude and Brad mentioned these special dates in his talk. It was so sweet to watch Brad get teary eyed at the pulpit as he talked about how grateful he was for our little boy. Brad is SUCH a wonderful Father to Gabe. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to watch Gabe and Brad together. They are best friends!!!

Both Sunday, Monday and the following days this week I have taken quite a bit of time to reflect on this past year and the miracle that is our little Gabe. He truly is a special little boy who posses such a sweet spirit. He fulfills every wish and desire I could have ever asked for in a child. In my/our eyes he is perfect. Even down to the dark curly hair, gorgeous chocolate brown skin and beautiful dark eyes. All of which Brad and I could never have given him. =)

Everyday I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with this little spirit. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve him. After we got Gabe, my mother told me that her mother had always wanted a brown eyed baby. I like to think that many of our loved ones who have gone before us played a role in sending Gabe to us. No matter how it happened, we are truly truly grateful for our little Gabe.

I want to do something special to mark these dates. I plan to do it every year. This year and being our first anniversary Brad, Gabe, Aunty Shanna, Aunty Savannah and I are going to Disney on Ice as VIP's. Even though Gabe won't remember it, I look forward to showing him the pictures as he grows older and explaining why we got to do something special.

Below are some of the very first pictures taken of our little guy after we picked him up on Saturday November 10th, 2007. Happy Anniversary Gabe! Mummy and Daddy love you more than you could ever know. You are OUR SUNSHINE! Thank you for blessing and enriching our lives beyond measure.

Literally one of the first pictures taken of our little boy- Just hours after we picked him up. This was after his first bath. I'll never forget how yummy he smelt and how warm and soft he felt in my arms.


Just a couple of days after we picked him up. Look at those cheeks and that smile. It's amazing what a little- ok a lot of loving can do to brighten up a little child. =) The smile just keeps on getting bigger!

Me and my mum! At last!!!!!

On my birthday 6 days after Gabe arrived. Sorry honey, not sure you will ever be able to top that one! My angel!

Our little man at one year.



No comments: