Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A VERY spoiled birthday girl!

This past weekend was heavenly! To say the least. I still can't believe how spoiled I was/am.

On Friday I arrived at work to find my desk littered with confetti and my favorite Hershey's kisses candy, along with an abundance of small gifts and cards from co-workers. My friend Bonny took me to the Spaghetti Factory for a yummy lunch and then in the afternoon another friend and co-worker had brought in a delicious cheesecake for the "12th floor gals" to share.

In the evening I went to dinner with my best friend Kami to Boston's. We hadn't been able to get together in months so it was so fun to be able to catch up over a good meal. She also told me that she was pregnant with her 3rd baby which is exciting!

Then...months ago our friend Wendy from Australia had offered to let us stay in her condo at the Westgate Resort in Park City for my birthday, so we decided to make a weekend out of it. When we got up to Park City on Saturday we did some shopping at the outlets (really what could be better than that...and two weekends in a row!) and then we headed up to Westgate. We spent the afternoon there visiting with my brother Ben and his wife Merridee who had come up for the day, my Dad and his wife Cheryl who had come up for the weekend, Wendy and a girlfriend of mine who I grew up with in Australia, Erin Turley/Cullis. It was so much fun to be able to hang out together. Any excuse to get a bunch of Aussies together is well worth it and it always makes me feel so much less homesick. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly that my friend Erin was in Park City for the weekend to attend another party. It was so much fun to see her! I love Erin.

In the evening Grandpa, Grandma, Aunty Merridee and Uncle Ben watched Gabe so that Brad and I could go out to dinner. We ended up going to a place called "Easy Street" in Park City. It was such a fun place and even though at first I was more worried about not having Gabe with me, eventually I was able to relax and Brad and I had a blast. The food looked and tasted beautiful, and the restaurant was having a deal where all entrees were half price (perfect!). You gotta love the off-season! I had the best halibut EVER and have been craving it ever since. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

On Sunday morning, we did presents in bed and boy did I get spoiled! (Thanks Brad and Mum!) Then Dad and Cheryl watched Gabe for Brad and I while we went down to the pool for some more alone time. We had so much fun jumping from the outside hot tub into the outdoor heated pool, and then going back and forth between the sauna and the steam room. I was in heaven! It felt like we were on a second honeymoon again! After we spent some time in the pool etc we went back to our room where Brad cooked a yummy pancake breakfast for us all. Wendy came up too and we spent the rest of the morning and first part of the afternoon visiting. It was a gorgeous day and the weather even in Park City was unseasonally warm.

While Wendy, Dad, Cheryl and Gabe went for a walk I took the longest shower in my favorite European steam shower. Again I was in heaven. I wasn't kidding when I said that all I wanted to do on my birthday weekend was take a shower in the European steam shower. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE SOMEDAY!

We left Park City in the late afternoon and headed straight to Brian and Shanna's apartment in Ogden for a LOVELY birthday dinner. The food was so good. We had some yummy creamy chicken, roasted potatoes, salad, rolls and a really yummy strawberry cheesecake for desert. Shanna had even hung up streamers. It was so much fun to be able to spend the night with them and also Blake, Liz and my little Andrew. I felt so incredibly special and blessed.

I really couldn't have asked for anything more this birthday and I am still floating on the after effects. Thank you everyone who made it so special! I love you all!

Getting ready to leave for Park City. My cute little bugger climbing on the cooler. AHHHH!!!!
So proud of himself!
Brother Ben and I chillin at the condo.

Visiting with Ezza. Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Easy Street. This is the place we went to dinner. It was so nice outside with the lights and the fire etc. Brad and I at dinner.My yummy Halibut dinner. I want more...NOW! Isn't it pretty? It was my first time eating purple potatoes. It took a minute for me to get my head around that one. Brad's dinner. He had steak, potatoes and onion rings.
Back at the Condo on Sunday
Gabe just loves my dad! It was so funny to watch them together this weekend. Gabe doesn't get to see my dad very often, but every time we get together Gabe really takes to him. He loves to be held by him, sit on his lap and over the weekend often fell asleep on him. This past weekend was the first time that my Dad and his wife really got to spend some one on one time with Gabe and they all enjoyed it. Dad said that while we were at dinner on Saturday night he did every animal sound he could think off for Gabe. Anytime I needed to get something done, I'd tell Gabe to go and find Grandpa and they would play and read together. On the morning of my birthday Gabe even went and jumped into bed with Grandpa. I love these pictures of the two of them.
Gabe had all sorts of fun playing with the streamers once Brian took them down off the ceiling after dinner.

No comments: