Friday, November 21, 2008

Moist, Gooey, Warm Chocolate Bundt Cake




Yet another recipe from "My Kitchen Cafe". This cake is moist, dense, rich, and delightful. Some of the chocolate chips in the cake even seemed a little chewy. Probably my favorite chocolate cake recipe to date. It was incredibly easy and fast to make...a must have recipe.

Please pardon the presentation. This baby was on its way out the door along with dinner, to some people in our neighborhood who just had twin baby girls.

Super Moist Fudge Bundt Cake
from Erin W. and Melanie C.

1 devils food cake mix
1 4-serving instant chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream (not low-fat or fat-free)
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Stir down sides. Continue to mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared (i.e. greased and floured) bundt pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 20 minutes. Invert onto serving platter. I usually dust mine with powdered sugar for an elegant look before digging in. Today there was no powdered sugar to be found in the pantry so I used a little granulated sugar just for texture.

Note- I also sprinkled my cake with some powdered sugar but then decided to pretty it up a little more I'd melt the remainder of the chocolate chips and drizzle it around the center. The photos don't seem to do it justice.

No comments: