Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beef and Noodle Casserole

Ok so this is a not so healthy dinner but one that is easy to put together and is definately tasty. This is one of those meals that I love to throw together on a Friday night when I am tired from having worked all week and the last thing I want to do is spend alot of time in the kitchen cooking dinner. This is a family favorite for sure!

Beef and Noodle Casserole
Worldwide Ward Cookbook

1 cup noodles uncooked (I use macaroni noodles)
1 pound of lean ground beef
1/4 onion chopped finely
1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
2 tsp chilli powder (can use more if you like kick- we don't)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup water

Boil noodles for 10 minutes or until tender, drain well but don't rinse. In a skillet brown ground beef with onion. Add all of the remaining ingrediants including the cooked noodles, and place in a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Makes 6-8 servings and makes for great left overs. I like to serve this with a slice of french bread.

No comments: