Thursday, July 9, 2009

Creamy Tomato Pasta

This recipe is one that was once featured on Oprah. I guess the claim was made that if you want a man to fall in love with you that this is the one dish that you should make him. Ummm I don't know about that. I love pasta and my husband likes it too but if there were one dish that I was to make my hubby to make him love me more it would more than likely be a fat juicy steak or something like that. I mean this dish doesn't even have any meat in it. LOL. That aside, this dish was very tasty and very quick to put together. I'll definitely be making this again. My husband and I both enjoyed it and my toddler couldn't get enough of the stuff.

Creamy Tomato Pasta

2 cups of Italian stewed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup whipping cream
3 tbl spoons of tomato paste
1/3 cup of fresh parsley, chopped (I didn't have any so left it out)
salt and pepper to taste

Puree stewed tomatoes in a blender. Sauté garlic and olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan. Add whipping cream, tomato paste, parsley and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30-35 minutes. Serve over cooked fettuccini noodles (or your favorite pasta). You could also top with some seasoned grilled chicken breast if you were looking to get your protein in.

I like Sketty mummy!

No comments: