Saturday, July 11, 2009

Belated Fathers Day Post and a Note to Self

On Fathers Day after Gabe had woken up for the day and we had let Daddy sleep in a little we spoiled him with lots of presents and a delicious breakfast. Then....Brad and I got the brilliant idea to try and wean Gabe off the bottle. It had been something we had been talking about for a while and we knew we had to do it. Given how attached he is, we knew it was going to be a challenge to say the least. Needless to say our day entailed allot of screaming and crying (from Gabe- I was close) and by the time we made it to the in-laws for dinner that evening we were both spent. That night exhausted and upset ourselves we folded and gave him a bottle for bed. He was out in 5 minutes. Back to the drawing board!

The worst part...at 12 even 15 months Gabe was not even attached to his bottle- not one bit! I contemplated then taking it away but thought that would mean I was giving up my baby. Not knowing when we would have the baby opportunity again selfishly and stupidly I (and it was all me) didn't wean him then and boy are we paying for it now. Let that be a lesson to you...wean them and do it early! If you need me I'll be in the corner kicking myself!
Just before giving Daddy his presents Gabe and I snuck into the closet and I slipped this onesie on over Gabe's jammies. He had lots of fun getting ready to surprise Daddy and totally knew we were up to something.

Helping Daddy with the wrapping paper. He had to scrunch up every piece and then put it in the "rubbish."


Trying to put his shoes on all by himself. It is extremely hard some days trying to keep Gabe inside. He just loves to be outside riding his bike and his 4-wheeler

"Cheese." Dig the crazy hair!

No comments: