Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes

We love pancakes at our house and I often make them every Sunday morning for breakfast. Since I have been trying to find healthies recipes to feed the hubby I thought that this morning I would try my hand at whole wheat pancakes. My husband doesn't like anything whole wheat so I knew that making these was a gamble.

While I didn't mind these, I certainly didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I usually do my pancakes. Brad really didn't like them at all. Maybe it was the recipe or maybe it was my whole wheat. Either way I am on a mission to find a healthy pancake recipe my whole family can enjoy. There has to be one out there that doesn't taste too much like whole wheat. Anyone have any ideas?

Whole Wheat Pancakes

2 cup whole wheat flour
2Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1-3/4 cup milk
4 Tbs unsweetened apple sauce
1 mashed banana

Directions:

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

In a smaller bowl mix the banana, applesauce, milk and eggs.

Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moist.

Cook on an electric griddle or fry pan.

This makes about 16 pancakes but the girls like the heated up the next day or even cold from the fridge as a snack! Recipe halves well for less pancakes!

No comments: